The policy is for anyone that uses our services and this website. By using this website, you confirm you accept the policy.
OLHI reserves the right to update the policy at any time.
Visit the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada for more information about your privacy rights and the federal and provincial laws that protect them.
OLHI and your information
The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) protects Canadians’ privacy when organizations use, collect or share their personal information.
According to PIPEDA, Personal Information of an identifiable individual can include:
- age, name, ID numbers, income, ethnic origin, or blood type
- opinions, evaluations, comments, social status, or disciplinary action
- employee files, credit records, loan records, medical records, existence of a dispute between a consumer and a merchant, intentions (for example, to acquire goods or services or change jobs)
OLHI requires your personal information to provide our services. OLHI will only collect the personal information we need to serve you, and we will keep it confidential and secure.
OLHI will never discuss your complaint with the media, even with your consent.
OLHI may use your information for anonymized statistical reporting and public education case studies – we will never identify individuals.
PIPEDA Fair Information Principles
OLHI follows PIPEDA’s ten fair information principles (“Principles”) developed for the protection of personal information as follows:
OLHI is responsible for any consumer information provided to us and has designated a privacy officer accountable for compliance with the Principles.
OLHI will tell the consumer why we are collecting information before or when we collect it.
We will only collect, use and disclose personal information with your written consent.
4. Limiting Collection
We will only ask for the personal information we need to serve you.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
OLHI will only use or disclose your personal information for the reasons you have authorized. OLHI will only keep your personal information as long as we need to provide services to you.
OLHI will ensure your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
OLHI will protect your personal information with security appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. In the event, that there is a privacy breach involving your personal information, or member company information, we will notify you and your member company.
9. Individual Access
If you ask, OLHI will confirm whether we have personal information about you and explain how we use and share this information. You can get this information at any time and have the right to challenge its accuracy and completeness. However, you will not have access to any information we collect or produce for the purpose of reviewing your complaint.
10. Challenging Compliance
You can challenge OLHI’s compliance with the above principles by submitting a question or concern to our Chief Privacy Officer at [email protected].
When you visit our website, we collect the following information:
- Technical information such as your browser type, time zone, browser plug-ins, operating system and platform
- Anonymous demographic information (age range, gender, location, hobbies, recent purchases in the form of general categories)
- Anonymous information about your visit, including:
- the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through, and from our website (including date and time)
- pages you viewed or searched for
- page response times
- download errors, length of visits to certain pages
- page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs)
- methods used to browse away from the page
- phone number used to call us
Cookies help us improve our website and provide you with a good user experience.
Contact OLHI’s Privacy Officer
Chief Privacy Officer
First Edmonton Place
10665 Jasper Avenue, Suite 1400
Edmonton, AB T5J 3S9